As Chatham Church has recently expanded to two campuses and we are experiencing rapid growth of our small group ministry, we are searching for an associate pastor of teaching and adult discipleship. We are increasing our staff for two reasons:
- With two campuses, there is a need for another full time teaching pastor to assist with Sunday morning teaching and pastoral care duties
- This fall saw our small group population grow to 23 with several small groups doubling in size. As a result, there is a need for a pastor to oversee this ministry, care for existing small group leaders, and train up new ones
A pastor search team has been formed and an active search is underway.
Information For Candidates
For those who may be unfamiliar with Chatham Church, the following may be of interest:
- We are an action oriented, contemporary, dress-casual, outward facing church...and we like it that way!
- We take following Jesus super-seriously but we try not to take ourselves too seriously
- Our two full-time pastors both came out of college campus ministry with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship. They appreciate a big-tent approach to faith with a clear center around Jesus and lots of room for different opinions over traditional denominational distinctives. We'd rather not waste our time disputing over issues that faithful followers of Jesus can reasonably disagree over.
- We are age and life-stage diverse with a lot of kids, teens, young families, empty-nesters and retirees. Single mid-20-somethings are not yet a large population in our church due to the fact that there aren't a ton of them in our surrounding community.
- We want un-churched, post-churched, and sorta-churched people to be a part of our community. A large minority of our community have been out of church for some substantial portion of their lives, including some who have never been a part of a church before. Some of those are at Chatham Church doing faith rehab, church rehab, or both.
- We are situated just outside of the Research Triangle's metro area's major urban areas, with all kinds of suburban growth starting to push dramatically into our county--Chatham is the second fastest growing county in North Carolina. When Chatham Church began we were the only contemporary non-denominational church in the entire county. We expect and hope that will change in the coming years as growth comes to the area, in the mean time we delight to be a medium-sized, multi-site, growing fish in a very underserved sea.
- Our leadership culture of staff and lay leaders is full of people who have a bias towards action. We encourage each other to have good boundaries and pace as a team full of people who delight to simply get things done.
Position Description & Candidate Questions
The position description and candidate questions can be found here.
How To Apply
A position description complete with candidate questions can be found here. Interested applicants should send their resume, cover letter, candidate questions and a sermon link to PastorSearch@chathamchurch.org prior to 24 November 2017.