The Need: Each day in North Carolina, 35 imprisoned women are deciding whether to trust their baby to the environment they grew up in or to foster care, risking their parental rights.
Our Solution: To raise babies born to inmates until their mothers are released and then equip the mothers with the life skills they need to thrive independently and successfully in the world with their family. This innovative approach lets us leverage the parent-child bond and reach two generations at once to help them change their life stories.
Here is a short video with more information: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZgwPf5xTDY
For more information about Pharaoh's Daughter and ways you can get involved click here: http://pharaohsdaughternc.org
- Affordable housing enough to fit multiple staff, babies, moms
- Fix van doors OR another large capacity vehicle (with working doors)
- pray for these babies
- pray for their mothers who miss them greatly while they go through all of the postpartum discomforts
- pray for the fathers and other family members (grandparents, etc.)
- pray for volunteers and staff
- financial needs met